Sunday, December 4, 2011

When replacing and old debit card with a new debit card, will my old debit card work until the new one arrives?

I currently have a Wells Fargo debit card. I want to get a new one so I can customize it. My question is, will my old debit card continue to work until the new debit card arrives in the mail and I activate it?|||Yes it will. The bank has to allow you to keep accessing your money. They also can't send an activated card through the mail due to security reasons.|||So long as it has not expired. If the old one is past the expiration date, it will no longer work. The expiration date is encoded on the magnetic strip on the back of the card, that's how the card reader knows if it's expired or not.|||The old debit card will work until your receive the new one in the mail, then call in to activate the new card.

No comments:

Post a Comment