Monday, December 12, 2011

How old do you have to be to apply for a debit card?

I personally don't like to carry cash around and am thinking of applying for a debit card. Anybody know at what age you must be to get a debit card.|||You have to have a checking account to get a debit card. You have to be 18 to be the sole holder of a checking account, if you are under 18, then you will need someone over 18 (a parent, for instance) to co-sign the account with you.





I was only 16 when I opened my first checking account and got a bank/debit card and my dad was the co-owner of my account. Nothing is different except that he had access to my account so make sure it is someone that you trust.|||18|||Im pretty sure 18.|||It depends on your bank, really. Most checking accounts these days automatically include a debit card. I know you can open a checking account at age 16.





Call around to your local banks and ask what their policies are.|||You don't apply for a debit card, you open a checking account. I am sure that you have to be a certain age to open one, but I have no idea what that is. Call the bank that you are interested in getting an account at.

No comments:

Post a Comment