Thursday, December 15, 2011

How long do you have to wait to use your debit card after depositing cash in the bank?

I just deposited money into my checking account earlier today like around 2:00 pm. When I check my account online it says the available balance including the money I deposited. But when I check the activities it still says pending. I'm not sure if I can use my money now without getting a insufficient funds fee in case my deposit hasn't gone through. How long do you have to wait to use your debit card after depositing cash at the bank? I know payroll doesn't go through immediately but I'm not sure about a cash deposit. Thanks!|||If you deposited it before the cashier changed over, then you're fine to use it today. It sounds like the money is waiting to be credited to your account. That usually happens late at night very early in the morning.





Banks are supposed to credit your deposits before they deduct any debits, so you should be fine.





In the future, keep in mind that most banks will not credit deposits made after a certain time (such as 2:00PM) until the next night. It really depends on if you beat that deadline or not.|||the banks differ but mine shows up after midnight|||If you deposited cash, it will credit your account immediately. It won't hard post until your bank does it's posting at the end of the day, but the cash will be available. If it was a check, you would need to wait.|||Any deposit into your account by 2:00 p.m. or after will not be posted to your account until the next day by most banks.|||cash deposits are available within a few hours I think do, and if your payroll check is from the bank that you are depositing it into then it is available much sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment