Thursday, December 15, 2011

What banks issue debit cards to 15 year olds?

I am fifteen (15) years old and have $200.00 that I would put into a checking account and receive a debit card under my name that I can use. Please only respond with serious answers and thanks in advance for everyone who answers. Remember that the best answer is worth 10 points!|||All banks should provide this service especially if you have some form of identification and parental involvement. Debit cards are not an extension of credit so it should not be a problem but you may have to change the type of account from chequing to savings. Hit their websites to see who offers the best deals for youth %26amp; students.|||I got one at First Union, which is Wachovia now, when I was 16. You might try there.|||Any large bank should allow you to open a student checking account with a debit card as long as you have a Social Security number. I'm sure there will be restrictions though.|||Go to a bank in your area with your parents. I don't think age is so much a factor as the fact that you will be careful and keep track of what you spend so you don't become overdrawn. Your parents will vouch for you that you are responsible. The sooner you start the sooner you will have you own credit rating.|||The answer to your question is that it depends on the banks individual policies which are based on individual state guidelines. Rules change from state to state and bank to bank. Since there are thousands of banks and fifty states I would recommend calling your local banks and asking them. Most probably follow whatever the regs are for the state though some may be more conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment