Sunday, December 4, 2011

How to use a debit card without visa logo for Military account?

We were issued a debit card from columbus bank and trust that does not have a visa or mastercard logo. Does this put a restriction on where I can use it? I am not sure how to use this card and what limits I have on it. Will it work at every atm? Can I pay bills? I am in California right now and my husband mailed this to me from Fort Benning in Georgia because we don't have any other cards and this was the option they gave recruits there but is it useless until I actually go to Georgia?|||The card may be strictly a bank debit/charge card but it doesn't mean you can't use it. Look at the back of the card and see what networks it has listed (most common are PLUS or CIRRUS). Whatever network it has listed, just make sure the ATM you use it at, uses that network.





You more than likely can also use it stores where they accept debit cards - you will need to enter your PIN for the transaction to go through. As for paying bills, well, if you mean online, I doubt it. For most online payments it will need to go through the Visa or Master Card (or other major credit card) network to be accepted.





And it doesn't matter if you're in Cali or Georgia - you will have the same limitations wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment