Sunday, December 4, 2011

How long after activating Debit Card From unemployment, will it take before I get my benefits?

I just received a debit card in the mail today from unemployment. I activated it and it said I had 0.00 dollars... How long before the money goes on? Also, I didnt even know I got approved, does getting the card in the mail mean I was? Thanks.|||Your first benefit payment will typically be 3 to 5 weeks after you filed your initial application, assuming of course that you have filed your periodic (weekly or biweekly) claims on time. The first payment will usually include any arrears. You'll receive a letter that explains if you were approved or not, and how much your weekly benefit will be. Getting the card probably indicates that you have been approved, but nothing is official until you receive the award letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment